The wreck of an alien spacecraft and the discovery of the Solinoid threat in the early 90's led to the formation the Unified Military under United Nations control. After analysing the Solinoid wreck, the UN announced a request for a new fighter combining alien technology with existing aircraft designs. Numerous companies submitted proposals, and eventually Earth Avionics won the competition with their concept, based on the conventional VT-1 Supercat (Vectored Thrust Fighter) an extension of the Tomcat family of aircraft.
Development began in 2001 from the remains of the crashed Solinoid craft and the VGF-14 A-Type took its maiden flight in late 2004. The Wildcat was quickly adopted for Fleet use due to growing concern of invasion by Solinoid Forces and increasing civil unrest at home. By mid-2006, the Wildcat had already begun replacing conventional aircraft in front-line service units. Since 2010, the Wildcat has been the mainstay of UN Military forces world-wide.
In 2012 the Wildcat was updated with improved avionics and additional defensive armaments creating the VGF-14 D-Type. Intended to extend the Wildcat's in-combat service life, many older Wildcats were pulled from service to receive the D-Type upgrade package.
With escalating intrusion of local Earth space by the Solinoids, the Wildcat was once again upgraded in 2015, bringing the VGF-14 S-Type into Fleet service. It was also decided at this time to add a LEO Booster Armour Pack system to the Wildcat, to allow it some form of enhanced combat capability at the limits of Earth's atmosphere.
Initially started in 2013 as a further VGF-14 update package, the YF-35 Warthog development program began life on a heavily modified VGF-14 air-frame. Intended as an enhanced Air and Space Superiority Fighter, the Warthog Development team quickly realised that it would not be possible to fit the upgrades on existing fighters and instead began designing a whole new aircraft from scratch. Promising results in early trials has led to a limited pre-production run of the new AVF-35 Wildhog Advanced Fighter, which was designed specifically to rectify perceived short-comings in the older transforming mecha.
Despite newer fighters like the Wildhog currently being rushed into Fleet service, a lack of available aircraft and the escalating war with the Solinoid Fleet means that the VGF-14 will likely remain in UN Fleet service for years to come!
Here are some of the highlights:
* Over 100 Points of Articulation on the main figure!
* Moving parts include: Flaps, Ailerons, Rudders, Speed Brakes, Opening Landing Gear Doors, Raising and Lowering Gear, Turn-able Wheels, Opening Canopy, Deploy-able Slats, Deploy-able Landing Hook, Deploy-able Catapult Catch Bar, Functional Cockpit Controls, Deploy-able Emergency Drag Chute. fully Independently Controllable Missiles, and much, much more!
* Separate Conforming Figure Weapons and Ordinance, with fully controllable ordinance deployment. (Some sold as separate packs)
* 3 variants, Basic A-Type, Upgraded D-Type, and Advanced S-Type versions can be loaded via separate Cr2's with custom textures for each.
* Over 250 Independent ERC controls on the main figure for complete control of most vital functions from 1 location.
* Independent ERC controls for each flap, rudder, aileron, wing, and canopy.
* Articulated Landing gear with coordinated ERC for 1 dial raise and lower.
* ERC Landing Hook and Catapult arm.
* ERC weapons controls for launching and steer-able missiles and ordinance.
* ERC dials for easy transformation!
* Pose Presets for Fighter configuration, Close-Combat Configuration and Mecha Configuration.
* Fit-to Poses for the Gun-pod for all 3 modes.
* Numerous Action Pose presets for all 3 modes!
* Note: All of this product's content was created by "theschell" (Christopher D. Schell) with additional help with ERC controls, Poser MAT Files & Additional Texturing by Mark A. Fares (KageRyu). My thanks to Mark for his extra hard work on this figure!
I also humbly wish to acknowledge the influence of Shoji Kawamuri on my creations and give my thanks as an avid fan of his designs! My mecha concepts were inspired by such anime shows as Macross and Orguss and I am deeply grateful for the influence these shows have had!
Aug 01 2016
Poser 6 and above
*Disclaimer: All products are offered at the Seller's discretion. Availability and (sale) pricing is not guaranteed and subject to change without notice.
Digital File Info